Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Whole30, Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian
Soups make the best meals for long winter days, hearty yet light. This recipe is no exception. It is full of filling veggies and healthy fats to keep you satiated. The addition of our Coconut Indian Sauce adds another level of flavor that will make this recipe a family favorite. Here at Guju we believe healthy eating shouldn’t mean lack of flavor!
Guju Sauce Used: Coconut Indian Sauce
Source of Inspiration:
A blended veggie soup such as this Curried Carrot Soup is equally savory and sweet, thanks to fiber-rich veggies and our deliciously seasoned Coconut Indian Sauce. We keep a jar of this in our fridge to transform a traditional recipe into something truly extra special.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled & chopped
- 2 medium stalks of celery, diced
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- ½ jar (1 cup) of Guju Coconut Indian Sauce
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup shelled hemp seeds
- Add avocado oil to a large soup pot and bring to medium-low heat.
- Add onion, celery, carrot, garlic, sea salt and pepper and sauté until the veggies are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add sweet potato and vegetable stock and reduce heat to a simmer until the potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add in Guju Coconut Indian Sauce.
- Transfer soup pot contents to a blender and blend on high until very creamy.
- Serve between 4, garnishing with coconut milk, fresh cilantro and hemp seeds.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Notes: Experiment with different potato varieties in this dish such as Hannah sweet potatoes, russet or Japanese yams. Each adds a thick and creamy texture to this soup guaranteeing ultimate comfort and satisfaction!