Do you enjoy cooking a fancy weeknight meal? But you don't really have the time or energy to put behind a fancy weeknight meal. This recipe is for you! It is a quick, easy, and delicious meal you can have ready in no time. Plus, pasta is comfort food at it’s finest! Your littles will enjoy it as well. Go ahead, get fancy without spending hours in the kitchen!
Guju Sauce Used: Red Pepper Indian Sauce
Source of Inspiration:
Weeknights tend to require fast and easy meals so we’ve relied on our sauces to add the flavor of a meal simmered for hours in under 30 minutes. Seasoned ground beef adds protein to this comforting meal and freshly minced basil infuses the promise of Summer returning on a cold Winter’s day.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- ½ pound of ground pork
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried fennel seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & minced
- 4 cups dry brown rice pasta OR 8 cups cooked
- 1 bottle of Guju Red Pepper Indian Sauce
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, minced
- Remove frozen peas from the freezer and place in a bowl on your counter to slightly defrost.
- Add your ground pork to a cast-iron or nonstick skillet set to medium-low heat.
- Season with sea salt, black pepper, fennel seeds, minced garlic and cook, breaking up, until browned, about 10 minutes. When done, drain excess grease and set aside.
- Heat a large pot 2/3 full of water to a boil. Add dry pasta and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Drain water from pasta and stir in the cooked pork, Guju Red Pepper Indian Sauce and frozen peas until very well-combined.
- Garnish with minced basil.
- Serve and store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Notes: Ground beef can be replaced with any protein you prefer—chicken, turkey, beef, tofu, tempeh or chickpeas! We kept our dish dairy-free, but a crumble of feta would be delicious on this pasta!
Recipe creation and photography done by Sarah Steffens @sarahsteffens_personalchef