Do you like a sweet or savory breakfast? Having both is an option too! These Coconut Curried Waffles are a great addition to any weekend breakfast or brunch menu. This is a fun and flavorful take on a traditional breakfast item. Pair these with some protein or fruit for a complete meal!
Guju Sauce Used: Coconut Indian Sauce
Source of Inspiration:
A savory breakfast is just the ticket for your weekend! We created these Coconut Curried Waffles with our delicious Guju Coconut Indian Sauce so that you can whip these up in no time at all!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ½ cup avocado oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¾ cup plain & unsweetened almond milk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of Guju Coconut Indian Sauce
- 8 teaspoons butter
- 1 medium scallion, minced
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Mix your dry ingredients together in one bowl and wet ingredients in another. Gently combine ingredients and stir until well-combined.
- Plug your waffle iron in and set to at least medium-high heat (this recipe tends to need a little extra time in the waffle iron, so do not open the iron before it has cooked through).
- Spray your iron with avocado oil and pour ¼ cup of batter evenly over the iron and close. Do not open until the waffle iron indicates that the waffle is ready.
- Open carefully, remove and set aside, repeating until you have made all of your waffles.
- Serve immediately, with butter, scallion and parsley and optional fried eggs and bacon.
Notes: You can easily whip up this recipe using a store-bought waffle mix, simply prepare as directed and add your Guju Coconut Indian Sauce!