Attention to all our soup lovers! Who doesn’t love a good soup? Seriously though, something is wrong if you don’t love a good over-sized bowl filled with veggies, meats, or seafood with the delicious broth-based liquid it has been simmering in.
So...if you love soup, you will be pleased with this restaurant-worthy Thai Coconut Soup with Shrimp. This soup is jam packed with flavor that will warm you up in the cold months, and keep you cozy in the warm months.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 stalk lemon grass, minced
- 1 jar Guju Coconut sauce
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1.5 (13.5 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1⁄4 pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice salt to taste
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir the ginger, lemongrass in the heated oil for a few seconds.
- Add Guju’s Coconut sauce and slowly pour the broth over the mixture, stirring continually.
- Stir in the fish sauce and brown sugar; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and mushrooms; cook and stir until the mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp; cook until they’re no longer translucent about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice; season with salt; garnish with cilantro.