Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Plant-Based, Whole30, PBWhole30
Combine all of the delicious flavors of Summer in this recipe for Stuffed Spaghetti Squash with our Red Pepper Sauce!
Even though we did this recipe in the oven... Did you know you can cook a spaghetti squash in the InstantPot pressure cooker in just 20 minutes? Add the trivet and 1 cup of water to your pressure cooker. Place the halved and seeded squash halves in the pressure cooker, seal, and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes. It will take about 10 minutes to reach pressure. After 7 minutes of cooking, quick release the steam and carefully remove the squash.
Guju Sauce Used: Red Pepper Indian Sauce
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 small spaghetti squash, halved & seeds removed
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon coconut or avocado oil
- 2 medium zucchini, ends removed & diced
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled & minced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in thirds
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Guju Red Pepper Indian Sauce
- 1 medium scallion, minced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro or parsley, minced
- Preheat the oven to 425 F (218 C).
- Place the spaghetti squash halves on a baking tray and fill each half with ¼ cup of water. Bake in the oven until very soft, about 45 minutes. Remove from the heat and when cool enough to touch, carefully shred the squash out of each half, saving the shells to use later.
- Add coconut oil or avocado oil to a skillet on the stovetop and set to medium-low heat.
- Add zucchini, mushroom, garlic and cherry tomatoes and saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add shredded spaghetti squash and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Stir in the Guju Red Pepper Sauce.
- Stir in the scallion and cilantro or parsley. Turn off the heat.
- Scoop the veggie mixture into the two squash halves.
- Serve with between 2, storing any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.