Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Whole30, Grain-Free
What better way to serve chicken smothered in our Coconut Indian Sauce than in a creamy baked sweet potato? These bundles of protein, fiber and healthy fat are a super satisfying meal, our sauce elevates every bite!
Guju Sauce Used: Coconut Indian Sauce
Prep Time: 45 minutes to bake sweet potatoes
Cook Time: 20 minutes to cook chicken
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 pound of boneless & skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 cup Guju Coconut Indian Sauce
- 1 medium scallion, minced
- Preheat the oven to 425 F (218 C).
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray. Bake in the oven until very soft, about 45 minutes. Remove from the heat and when cool enough to touch, carefully make slits in the center of each sweet potato, to fill with curried chicken later.
- Add chicken breasts, sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder and chicken stock in a stockpot and set to medium heat. When it begins to boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through. When the chicken is done, remove from the heat and place on a cutting board. When cool enough to touch, shred with a fork.
- Add chicken to a bowl and stir in the Guju Coconut Indian Sauce.
- Stuff chicken in each sweet potato and garnish with minced scallion.
- Serve with between 4, storing any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Notes: You can prepare this dish using any of our sauces! Try it with our Tikka Masala Indian Sauce and our Red Pepper Indian Sauce! If you do not eat animal protein, this dish can be made with crumbled tofu, tempeh or chickpeas!
Recipe creation and photography done by Sarah Steffens @sarahsteffens_personalchef