Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Plant-Based, Whole30, PBWhole30
Every family has that one dish that feels like “home”. Tikka Skillet Cabbage is going to be your new family favorite dinner. So easy and simple that even the kids can help out. Cabbage is perfect for those heart-warming dinners, try with the Guju Tikka Masala sauce for an incredible combination.
Guju Sauce Used: Tikka Masala Indian Sauce
Source of inspiration:
This is a quick and easy meal that will likely become one of your favorites! Our Tikka Masala Indian Sauce makes this dish taste like it was simmering all afternoon!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon coconut or avocado oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled & chopped
- 1 medium garlic clove, peeled & minced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced in thirds
- 1 medium head of Napa cabbage, chopped (about 8 cups)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- ¼ cup Guju Tikka Masala Indian Sauce
- ½ cup frozen English peas
- 1 medium scallion, minced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, minced
- Add coconut oil or avocado oil to a skillet on the stovetop and set to medium-low heat.
- Add yellow onion, garlic and cherry tomatoes and saute until they are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add Napa cabbage and season with sea salt, black pepper and yellow curry powder. Saute until everything is very soft, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the Guju Tikka Masala Sauce.
- Stir in the English peas and let them defrost in the skillet.
- Stir in the scallion and cilantro. Turn off the heat.
- Serve and store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Note: This plant-based recipe is perfect to serve to your friends who do not eat animal protein. If you prefer more protein in this dish, chickpeas, tofu or tempeh are excellent additions!
Recipe creation and photography done by Sarah Steffens @sarahsteffens_personalchef