Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Low Carb
Weekdays have some high expectations for a lot of us. This recipe turns a busy evening into an easy, satisfying dinner to fuel your family. Red Pepper Pasta with Tuna is great for a speedy family meal, or can be easily adjusted to become a low-budget crowd-pleaser, or a college student dorm room delicacy. Pick your pasta, grab your Guju, and all your fixings for a powerhouse of unforgettable flavor.
Guju Sauce Used: Red Pepper Indian Sauce
Source of inspiration:
A busy weeknight needs a fast meal to nourish yourself and loved ones, this recipe is just the ticket to get a delicious and comforting home cooked meal on the table in under 30 minutes!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 9 ounces dry spaghetti pasta (we used chickpea pasta)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 medium garlic cloves, peeled & minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup capers, drained
- 1 cup of Guju Red Pepper Indian Sauce
- 1 5-ounce can of wild-caught tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Cook your pasta according to its instructions (we used chickpeas pasta and it took 6 minutes for al dente texture and 8 minutes for soft texture). When the pasta is done, drain, reserving about 2 tablespoons of the pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the rest of the dish by adding avocado oil to a cast-iron skillet set to medium low heat.
- Add minced garlic to the skillet and season with sea salt and black pepper. Sauté until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the capers to the skillet and stir well.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet, stirring well so that the garlic and capers mix into the pasta.
- Pour Guju Red Tikka Masala Sauce in the saucepan and stir well.
- Add the drained tuna to the pasta and stir again. If your pasta is too thick for your liking, add the reserved pasta water, 1 tablespoon at a time, so that the pasta tosses easier but remains thick (not watery) in consistency.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately, with minced parsley, storing any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Notes: Keep pasta, canned tuna and capers and of course, our Guju Indian sauces, in your pantry regularly so that you can whip up this meal any night of the week!