Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Low Carb
Weekdays have some high expectations for a lot of us. This recipe turns a busy evening into an easy, satisfying dinner to fuel your family. Red Pepper Pasta with Tuna is great for a speedy family meal, or can be easily adjusted to become a low-budget crowd-pleaser, or a college student dorm room delicacy. Pick your pasta, grab your Guju, and all your fixings for a powerhouse of unforgettable flavor.
Guju Sauce Used: Red Pepper Indian Sauce
Source of inspiration:
A busy weeknight needs a fast meal to nourish yourself and loved ones, this recipe is just the ticket to get a delicious and comforting home cooked meal on the table in under 30 minutes!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 9 ounces dry spaghetti pasta (we used chickpea pasta)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 medium garlic cloves, peeled & minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup capers, drained
- 1 cup of Guju Red Pepper Indian Sauce
- 1 5-ounce can of wild-caught tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Cook your pasta according to its instructions (we used chickpeas pasta and it took 6 minutes for al dente texture and 8 minutes for soft texture). When the pasta is done, drain, reserving about 2 tablespoons of the pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the rest of the dish by adding avocado oil to a cast-iron skillet set to medium low heat.
- Add minced garlic to the skillet and season with sea salt and black pepper. Sauté until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the capers to the skillet and stir well.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet, stirring well so that the garlic and capers mix into the pasta.
- Pour Guju Red Tikka Masala Sauce in the saucepan and stir well.
- Add the drained tuna to the pasta and stir again. If your pasta is too thick for your liking, add the reserved pasta water, 1 tablespoon at a time, so that the pasta tosses easier but remains thick (not watery) in consistency.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately, with minced parsley, storing any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Notes: Keep pasta, canned tuna and capers and of course, our Guju Indian sauces, in your pantry regularly so that you can whip up this meal any night of the week!
Back to Recipes