Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Whole30, Dairy-Free, Low Carb
These pea fritters might make you a little hesitant, but they are really delicious. Not only are they delicious, but they are healthy and nutritious. They are great for upcoming family and friend gatherings or just another perfect way for the family to get in more veggies.
Guju Sauce Used: Coconut Indian Sauce
Source of Inspiration:
These fritters celebrate the flavors of Spring. They are perfect to serve as an appetizer at a holiday gathering. If preparing in advance, you can reheat in your oven or Air Fryer.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 ½ cups English peas
- ½ cup grated zucchini
- 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled & minced
- 1 tablespoon of Guju Coconut Indian Sauce
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Olive or avocado spray
- 5 tablespoons of Guju Coconut Indian Sauce
- Add English peas, grated zucchini, minced garlic, Guju Coconut Indian Sauce, egg, coconut flour, sea salt and black pepper to a food processor and pulse until creamy, leaving some texture in the peas. The batter will be firm and sticky.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Using your hands, form 5 round patties with your hands and arrange on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Spray each fritter patty with olive or avocado oil.
- Bake in the oven until firm to the touch and slightly golden, about 20-25 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and remove fritters. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Serve with 1 tablespoon each of, Guju Coconut Indian Sauce
- Serve and store leftovers in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Notes: Be sure to squeeze as much excess water from your zucchini as possible before adding it to your batter. This will keep your fritters from becoming soggy.
Recipe creation and photography done by Sarah Steffens @sarahsteffens_personalchef