Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Whole30, Grain-Free
Who doesn’t love sliders?! Well, these sandwiches perfect to pick up with your hands are made with nutrient-dense sweet potatoes and are filled with shredded chicken breast tossed in our mouth-watering Tikka Masala Indian Sauce!
Guju Sauce Used: Tikka Masala Indian Sauce
Prep Time: 20 minutes to bake sweet potatoes
Cook Time: 20 minutes to cook chicken
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 pound of boneless & skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 cup Guju Tikka Masala Indian Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425 F (218 C).
- Place the sliced sweet potato rounds on a baking tray. Spray each side with avocado oil and bake in the oven until very soft, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- While the sweet potato rounds are baking, add chicken breasts, sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder and chicken stock in a stockpot and set to medium heat. When it begins to boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through. When the chicken is done, remove from the heat and place on a cutting board. When cool enough to touch, shred with a fork.
- Add chicken to a bowl and stir in the Guju Tikka Masala Indian Sauce.
- Scoop chicken in between 2 sweet potato rounds to create sliders.
- Serve with between 4, storing any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Notes: We love these sliders with our Tikka Masala Sauce, and it’s equally delicious with our Coconut Indian and Red Pepper Indian Sauce! If you don’t want to use chicken, use shredded pork, beef, or use your preferred vegan protein!
Recipe creation and photography done by Sarah Steffens @sarahsteffens_personalchef