This grilled cheese sandwich with a twist will have you wanting to add this easy recipe to your weekly meal list. This recipe was made with flavor in mind with a side of comfort because there is nothing like comfort food anytime but especially when it is cold outside.
Perfect for those nights when you don't want to make a fuss over dinner, but you also want to fix something everyone will love. This is comfort food elevated! Don't forget Guju recipes are always adaptable to your preferences and what you have in the pantry. Weeknight meals should be simple and delicious.
Guju Sauce Used: Tikka Masala Indian Sauce
Source of Inspiration:
A classic sandwich gets an exotic update with crumbled blue cheese, chopped baby kale and our Tikka Masala Indian Sauce. What was once an after-school snack is now a delicious fast and easy gourmet dinner, anticipated by all!
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Total Time: 15 min
- 2 tablespoons of ghee or butter
- 8 slices of sprouted wheat bread
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 cups chopped baby kale
- 1 jar of Guju Tikka Masala Indian Sauce
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Pour entire jar of Guju Red Pepper Indian Sauce into a saucepan and warm on low heat, stirring every minute or so until completely warmed, about 7 minutes.
- While sauce is warming, build your sandwiches by smearing 1 side of each piece of bread with ghee or butter.
- With the buttered side of bread face down, fill the unbuttered side with ¼ cup shredded cheese, 1 tablespoon of crumbled blue cheese, ½ cup chopped baby kale and a big spoonful of Guju Tikka Masala Indian Sauce and then secure with another slice of buttered bread, buttered side up.
- Place each sandwich on a grill pan set to medium heat. Allow it to sear and crisp up for 3 minutes and then flip to crisp the second side for another 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off heat and place finished sandwiches on a plate and slice in half, diagonally.
- Spoon remaining warmed Guju Tikka Masala Indian Sauce into 4 dipping bowls and turn off the saucepan’s heat.
- Serve each grilled cheese with chopped cilantro and Guju Tikka Masala Indian Sauce.
Notes: We used sprouted wheat bread, but you can use any bread that you have in your kitchen such as sourdough, rye or traditional wheat. Don’t have a loaf of bread on hand? Try using pita bread or tortillas and be sure to tag us in your photos so we can see your creations!
Recipe creation and photography done by Sarah Steffens @sarahsteffens_personalchef