This isn’t your mom’s grilled cheese, unless your mom makes Guju Grilled Cheese. But we hope it gives you the same feeling of comfort like your mom does. This artisanal take on grilled cheese is a classic yet with a hint of uniqueness. Paired with Guju Red Pepper Tomato Soup, we hope you find room in your heart for our Guju Grilled Cheese too.
As you will notice, this recipe doesn’t have any measurements. Here at Guju, we want cooking to not only be easy and stress free, but we want you to be able to personalize our recipes to fit you.
- Good artisanal country bread or sourdough bread sliced
- Softened butter
- Tikka Masala sauce
- Shredded aged sharp Cheddar cheese (Doesn’t melt as much but adds great flavor)
- Shredded traditional melting Cheddar cheese
- Pickled Jalapeño peppers (Some known brands are Herdez or La Costeña)
- Spread butter on the bottom side of two slices of bread.
- Spread Guju Tikka Masala sauce on the top side of your slices of bread.
- Top each slice with about ½ cup of cheeses combined
- Top with the Jalapeño peppers to taste.
- Add a sprinkle of salt
- In a cast iron skillet or any other pan over medium heat, melt a bit of butter. Add the two slices of bread butter side down. Cook until the bread gets golden and the cheese starts to melt.
- Flip one piece of the bread on top of the other and continue to cook until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with a bowl of Guju Red Pepper Tomato Soup
Back to Recipes