Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
You may have heard of veggie-loaded, but we took it to the next level with salad-stuffed bell peppers. This delicious plant based meal is upgraded with our Guju Coconut Indian Sauce and filled with salad favorites. We chose to stuff our peppers with carrot, asparagus, chickpeas, and everything else listed below! But this would also be a great idea to use any vegetables you have left over in the fridge.
Guju Sauce Used: Red Pepper Indian Sauce
Source of inspiration:
Stuffed bell peppers are a family classic, we amped up the flavor in ours by adding our Coconut Indian Sauce to a rice salad packed with herbs, veggies and plant protein to create a complete meal in each pepper!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 4 red bell peppers, tops sliced off & seeds discarded
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 whole scallions, minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 large carrot, peeled & diced
- ½ cup asparagus, diced
- 1 cup of chickpeas
- ¼ cup Guju Coconut Indian Sauce
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Arrange bell peppers in a shallow baking dish.
- Add remaining ingredients to a mixing bowl and gently toss together until well-combined.
- Fill each bell pepper with the curried rice salad, packing it in so that each pepper is firmly stuffed.
- Spray a piece of aluminum foil and place the greased side over the stuffed peppers. This will prevent the foil from sticking to the peppers.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, increase the oven’s heat to 400 F (205 C).
- After a total cooking time of 1 hour, carefully remove from the oven and garnish with optional minced cilantro.
- Serve then store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Notes: We used red bell peppers, but you can use yellow, orange or green, pick your favorite!
Recipe creation and photography done by Sarah Steffens @sarahsteffens_personalchef
Back to Recipes