Are you in need of a 30 minute meal full of delicious flavors and nourishing ingredients? We see you! This meal can be added to your weeknight go to meal list or even to your meal prep list. You are bound to feel healthy and satisfied with this well rounded meal. Who said good for you should be nasty?
Don’t forget that recipes here at Guju are supposed to spark inspiration! If you don’t have an ingredient we suggest, substitute for something that is in your pantry. We try to make our recipes easily changeable to fit your lifestyle and dietary needs!
Guju Sauce Used: Red Pepper Indian Sauce
Source of Inspiration:
Lentils have been used as a staple food for centuries all over the world, often served simmered in herbs and spices for hours and hours. Our Red Pepper Indian Sauce lets you create a dish that would take all day to capture every distinct flavor in just thirty minutes!
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 25-30 min
Total Time: 30-35 min
- 1 tablespoon coconut or avocado oil
- 1 pound of boneless & skinless chicken thighs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup dry green lentils
- 2 cups chicken stock or purified water
- ½ jar of Guju Red Pepper Sauce
- 1 cup mixed greens, chopped
- Heat avocado or coconut oil in a large pot to medium-low heat and add chopped chicken thighs.
- Season with sea salt and pepper and sauté until the chicken is cooked through and has browned, about 7 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pot and set aside. Add lentils and chicken stock or purified water to the pot and bring to a boil. When boiling, cover and reduce to a simmer until the lentils are soft but not mushy, about 20 minutes.
- Drain any excess water from the lentils.
- Add in cooked chicken, Guju Red Pepper Indian Sauce and stir well.
- Stir in chopped mixed greens.
- Serve and store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Notes: We used green lentils in this recipe but you can use any color you have in your pantry, just adjust the time to simmer as needed. You can easily leave the chicken out of this recipe to make this vegan!
Recipe creation and photography done by Sarah Steffens @sarahsteffens_personalchef
Back to Recipes