Whole30, Keto, Low-Carb, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
Need a dish that is easy and delicious? This is a perfect summer side dish or appetizer for any summer gathering. Pairing the earthy flavor of asparagus with savory thick-cut bacon is always a yummy treat but with the added flavor of our Red Pepper sauce, this dish is bound to please. Plus, this dish is easy to put together and is so delicious!
Guju Sauce Used: Red Pepper Indian Sauce
Source of Inspiration:
We love these bundles of asparagus wrapped in thick-cut bacon coated in our Red Pepper Indian Sauce so much! Serve these as an appetizer or as a part of your main meal!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound of asparagus spears, tough ends removed
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 slices of thick-cut bacon
- ½ cup Guju Red Pepper Indian Sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or cilantro, minced
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add oil, sea salt and black pepper to a mixing bowl. Toss asparagus spears in the bowl until they are coated in the oil. Set aside.
- Arrange bacon flat on a cutting board or baking tray lined with parchment paper. Using a pastry brush or a spoon, coat each slice in Guju Red Pepper Indian Sauce.
- Wrap bundles of asparagus with a slice of coated bacon so that they are secure.
- Bake in the oven until the bacon is crispy and the asparagus is soft, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve when cool enough to touch, with minced parsley or cilantro and optional Guju Red Pepper Sauce, storing any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Notes: If you don’t have access to thick-cut bacon, you can also use regularly sliced bacon, just use two pieces per asparagus bundle and wrap them so that each piece is exposed to the oven’s heat so that they cook through and evenly.
Recipe creation and photography done by Sarah Steffens @sarahsteffens_personalchef